3.03.2012

Oscars Broadcast

This year's Oscar presentation wasn't the best I've seen, but it certainly wasn't the worst. I think we call all agree that last year's telecast was by far the worst ever. It really couldn't have gotten any worse. The nominations weren't surprising this year and the winners were virtually the same.

The person I feel the worst for is Michelle Williams. I have yet to see My Week With Marilyn, but I have no doubt that her performance was stellar. That truly was a role of a lifetime and it's surprising that it took this long to do a movie like this. It all really comes down to an actress that can pull off the role and from what I've seen Michelle did that effortlessly. This is a huge compliment coming from me because I'm not generally a fan of hers.

Another person that I felt deserved a nod was Leonardo DiCaprio. I don't know what is up with the Academy, but they really don't like that guy. Even when he does get nominations he knows as well as everyone else that he doesn't have a chance at winning and that's sad. He's an amazing actor and if you look at his overall career you will see that he is one of the best project decision makers.

Billy Crystal was funny and it was nice to see him for his ninth appearance at the Oscars. I won't fault Billy for the overall lackluster evening because it really had nothing to do with him. I think the overall consensus is if you didn't see The Artist or Hugo you might as well have not even watched the telecast. I personally saw neither of them and I felt left out of all the excitement. My high point of the evening was the back and forth between Emma Stone and Ben Stiller. It was by far the most entertaining element to the night and she looked amazing.

Overall, I feel like this year's Oscars had more downs than ups, but that won't stop me from watching them in the future. I'm an avid movie watcher and I'm always excited to see the actors we love getting recognition for the work that we do. Good job everyone and here's hoping for a better Oscar season next year.

WATCH:

My Week With Marilyn Trailer

The Artist Trailer

Hugo Trailer

This post was written by Teresa Skibinski as part of our ongoing series on the 84th Academy Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment